Thursday, February 16, 2012

Craft O'Clock

Thanks to the wonderful website Retro Renovation (http://retrorenovation.com/), I have just discovered Erica Wilson, who I must admit that, up until yesterday, I had not heard of. Erica was long renowned in craft circles for her beautiful and innovative needlework and she hosted a TV show in the 1970s called simply "Erica" (see clip below). I love the green in that room and the jaunty little tune at the start!



Watching this clip yesterday, I got to thinking about how I would love to stitch a large canvas. I spent last night going through a number of embroidery books that I have and I picked out quite a few promising designs. Then I saw a knitting pattern for an easy-to-make shrug. Yes, put that on the 'to-do' pile too. Then I thought, when am I going to do all this? I have all these craft projects that I am really keen on and really want to get done but I never seem to get around to them. I make small amounts of progress but the weekends seem to often be devoted to other things and I am usually tired in the evenings and tend to just watch TV or read.

So, I wonder, when do you get your crafting done?

4 comments:

Max said...

that stitched owl looks ace! i never have time either so I'm all over the place, usually early evening when my daughter wont go to sleep for me and my husband goes in there to try and falls asleep with her-at least twice a week!

Feronia said...

Isn't the owl fantastic :) Yeah, it's usually those 'lull' periods isn't it, when you really didn't expect to be doing something crafty. BTW, do I have your email? I still haven't sent you my address :))

Pina said...

I can't say that there's a special time in a day when I do the crafting, especially not during winter. Still, I prefer knitting and crocheting in the evening.

Feronia said...

Yes, it's a nice way to end the day :)