Tuesday, August 30, 2011

B is for Blog

This one is from The Doubtful Guest


This is from The Gashlycrumb Tinies



All of these images were sourced from various spots on Google. Obviously, I don't own them, so please contact me if there are any problems associated with their use here.

Very recently and quite by accident I have discovered the brilliant work of American illustrator and author Edward Gorey. Last week I found a book of postcards of his drawings in an op-shop for 50 cents. Completely quirky and eccentric to the point of being rather surreal, I absolutely love his drawings. I especially like his use of rather upright and prim looking Victorian people in bizarre situations. And I think I may be in love with the famed Gorey Cat.


What do you think?

5 comments:

Pina said...

As you wrote, Emily - quirky and eccentric. Nice to see them but not something that I would hang on my walls. Probably I would be spooked every time I would pass by. ;)

librarygirl said...

great find Emily - love them.

Feronia said...

@ Pina -

Yes, they are on that slightly creepy edge, aren't they! Especially the 'Tinies' pictures.

@ librarygirl -

Yes, I was surprised I hadn't come across him earlier when I saw how much stuff there was on the Net about him.

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Thank you ever so kindly for stopping by my corner of the world to leave such a kind gesture in the face of the loss of my precious Miss Peach...she keeps on giving me treasures like you from all over the world...still now after she has winged her way to heaven...bless you in your yellow and your dark woods...journey on and may we meet again perhaps?
Karla

Feronia said...

@ Karla -

Thank you so much for your lovely message. I will certainly stop by again very soon :)