Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Music to edit by

Lately I have been preparing for publication my thesis, which I finished writing five years ago. Yes, that's how long these things take. As you can imagine, the topic is a little stale for me now. I don't hate it and I am pleased with myself to get it to this stage but going over the minute details of several hundred five-year-old footnotes, for example, has been a little on the tedious side. To help me along, I have been scouring You Tube for as many upbeat and often downright silly 80s clips as I can lay my hands on to play while I do it. I am very sensitive to my environment and to noise, but if I like a song, I am quite happy to have it playing along quite close to my ears as I work. So that's by way of explanation for...

Uh-huh.

No comments: