Monday, November 29, 2010

Giving

I have what could best be described as an ambivalent relationship with Christmas for various reasons. What I am thinking might give it a bit more enjoyment this year is to think of some really great presents for people. The last couple of years I have really fallen back on the book/CD/DVD option and I want to do something a bit more this year. This doesn't mean spending a lot of money necessarily but just putting a bit of meaning into proceedings. Any suggestions? What are you giving for Christmas?

PS Sorry to make you think of Christmas in November :)

4 comments:

Bodecea said...

I plan to invite brother and all in-laws having a brunch here et fini. I really don't think about X-Mas-presents now, and don't want to buy or get large stuff.

Feronia said...

Good thinking, Bodecea. I like the idea of a warm gesture towards the season and then that's it...no craziness!

T. said...

I mostly give food the person likes, selfmade ;-) such as liqueur, candies, tea, relishes ("summertreasures" are so much loved in winter) along with a good book. It drives the cold and winterblues away.

Feronia said...

Nice idea, Sefarina - thanks. Food & a good book works well in summer too!