Friday, October 23, 2009

The Lovers, the Dreamers and Me

A lighter note to end the week - perhaps. The Muppet Movie, from which this song is taken, was the first movie I saw at the cinema. And Kermit the Frog was my first love. I didn't realise he wasn't a real frog until I was 5. Seriously. It seemed completely plausible to me that a frog could talk. I think this says a few things: that I was very gullible, very naive or very imaginative. Or all three. And perhaps these descriptors still fit, which would explain all sorts of other things too!

Also, I've always rather liked the lyrics to "The Rainbow Connection". I know they're a bit syrupy, and certainly that angle has been played up over the years, but I also think the song talks about keeping your hope alive in the face of disappointment. Or at least that's what it says to me. Either way, enjoy and have a lovely weekend :)

4 comments:

Stardust said...

Dear Feronia, it's all too coincidental but this IS one of my dearest childhood memories. Kermit, and the Muppet Show, and everything that reminded me of innocence, and carefree days. Oh dear, and I'm not the only one.

Thank you for sharing this today. And I hope you won't mind me borrowing it at my diary-blog.

Feronia said...

Thanks for your message, Stardust. It is so much about innocence, isn't it, and that childhood feeling that anything is possible (even a talking frog!)

I'll go over to your blog now...happy to remind you of all things Muppet!

Meg said...

The Muppet Movie soundtrack was the first ever album I bought on vinyl. This song still has the capacity to move me, all these years later. Thanks so much for reminder. xx

Feronia said...

It is a lovely song like that, isn't it, Meg.