Monday, August 17, 2009

Mmmmm...Bread!


Well, we had a very crafty afternoon here at the Wood yesterday. I finally mastered casting on (I know - I'm a bit slow - but hey, now that I'm out of the gate, there's no stopping me!), I spent an hour with the sewing machine and made a couple of cute little herb bags and best of all my dear Fellow Traveller returned to his breadmaking! He used to make bread when we first moved in together and I can remember the odd delicious loaf over the last couple of years but sadly, despite pleas from his bread-loving public, nothing. But, yesterday, two loaves! One was demolished with leftover cottage pie while we watched Stephen Fry in America and there is one left...just waiting in the bread-bin...

7 comments:

Meg said...

Recipe please!

Feronia said...

I'll check with the breadmaker as to which one he used and post that tomorrow, Meg!

Wurst Semmel said...

Home baked bread, leftover cottage pie and Stephen Fry - you lead a delciously sinful life, Feronia. Mind you, I hope you weren't eating when Fry visited the body farm.

Can you send me an email please? I need to ask you something Rexish.

kleinewurstsemmel@gmail.com

No urgency.

Feronia said...

A little bit of a decadence never hurt anyone, WS :) I had just come into the room with a piece of bread spread with blackcurrant jam when Fry went to the body farm...I put the plate aside for a moment...

Pina said...

Oh, you should show us those herb bags, too! :)

Feronia said...

Ok, I might have another practice run making the herb bags and then put then up for show-and-tell :)

Mrs Mac said...

Stephen Fry In America- brilliant!!!