Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Brrrrr...Monday Mirth


I have been a little under the weather these last couple of days. I've had long-standing issues with sinusitis and asthma and despite the weather being exceedingly cold and despite the fact that I was already sniffing and sneezing, I decided it would be a very good idea to clean out our very dusty storage space on Sunday morning. Not very surprisingly, within an hour I was sneezing violently and my left eye had swollen up. Brilliant! So Sunday afternoon was a write-off, spent on the couch watching a truly daft Elvis movie and feeling sorry for myself. I felt a little better yesterday but the weather this long weekend just passed - rain, cold winds - has not inclined me to do too much at all. It is 8 degrees (celsius) here at the moment...

But enough of the downer that is winter. The second season of "Flight of the Conchords" started here last night and so I thought I would give you the link to one of my favourite songs of theirs, "Foux De Fa Fa". I mean no disrespect to the French by posting this link. I have been to Paris and it's lovely. This is more about the absurdity of what they teach you at school when learning a foreign language.

8 comments:

Pina said...

I hope you will be feeling better soon. I am sending you some sun rays from this part of the world and warm wishes, too. :)

Feronia said...

Thanks Pina...some sun would be very welcome right now!

Wurst Semmel said...

Hope you are feeling better. Everyone seems to have some kind of sniffle lately. Avoid doctors. Any sign of a temperature and you'll be quarantined for swine 'flu - so said my GP.

I thought it was cold up here in Sydney but we have it almost tropical in comparison! Still resting on a couch, watching a movie (although I might pass on Elvis) doesn't sound overly bad!

Wurst Semmel said...

PS You can embed the YouTube by coping the Embed code alongside the clip on YouTube and then pasting it in the appropriate place in your post using the HTML window. I usually just paste mine at the top so I don't disrupt the code.

Feronia said...

Thanks for the tips on embedding, WS! Worse still you might catch swine flu while at the doctor's...! I should have known the Elvis movie would be bad -"Girl Happy" was not a good sign title-wise - but it was that or football, football or football! I should have watched Rex!!

Bodecea said...

Hi Feronia,

I send you a big cup of eldertree-tea with honey! Best against a cold and related illnesses.

Your Australian winter sounds like our German summer at the moment... ;-)

Bodecea

Feronia said...

I have some elderflower tea in the cupboard at the moment, Bodecea - is that the same thing?

Bodecea said...

Yes!