Friday, May 29, 2009

I know it's not fashionable but...part III




I love the tv show Inspector Rex. Never seen it? Perhaps you know it as Kommissar Rex. I've been watching it for quite a few years now on our multicultural TV station here, SBS. It's filmed in Vienna and tells the story of an unusually clever police dog called Rex. Some amazing things have happened on Rex - too amazing to relate here, you've gotta watch it! - but it all always works out in the end and that's more that half the reason I love it so. Maybe I'm a big softie, maybe I'm a bit of a dork but I love a neat, all-strings-tied-up, heartwarming ending to a story and Rex does this very, very well every week. I also watch it because it's filmed in Vienna and this is a city I love, love, love. I've been there twice over the last ten years and hopefully I'll be going back there soon. If you're wondering why I love Vienna, check out this site http://merisi.blogspot.com/ and if you want a very good and detailed low-down on all things Rex, go here http://wurst-semmel.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Pina said...

:) I used to watch this show, too! I don't have a TV now (for the last 13 years or so), so these are just the old memories... :) I liked it a lot!
When you visit Vienna the next time, you have to stop by in Ljubljana, too. It is only 4h drive from there, but be prepared - compared to Vienna, Ljubljana is just a village. :)

Feronia said...

13 years with out a TV - good on you, Pina! TV eats up so much time when I could be doing other, more worthwhile things. I would love to visit Ljubljana:) I am hoping to be back in Austria either later this year or early next.

Pina said...

I hope I will be back on track with my life by then, because I am not a good company these last few months. Well, at least I hope to meet you when you are around here. :)

Feronia said...

I haven't been great company lately either - perhaps we could be bad company together! It would be lovely to meet you :)

Wurst Semmel said...

Well, I don't suppose it is fashionable to like Rex but you know there's a lot of us that do!

Like you, I also watch it because of my love affair with Vienna. I haven't visited Vienna for a while but it's on my list of 'must dos' when I head back to the northern hemisphere.

Ah, and thanks for the plug, although I have been a bit lapse in updating recently.

WS